LNG | PDH | SAGD
Shell – Canadian Green Corridor, Moveable Modular Liquefaction System (MMLS)
Brighton’s involvement in Shell’s first large scale LNG facility in Canada included the modular design and engineering of a 0.3 Megatonne/year LNG liquefaction facility, serving as the template for future LNG facilities to be built throughout North America. A list of the specific work that we provided is listed below.
Cryogenic Piping Layout and Engineering3-Dimensional Piping & Structural Design and Modelling of Modular LNG Storage System3-Dimensional Piping & Structural Design of Modelling of LNG Load Out Pump SkidCryogenic Pipe Support DesignCryogenic Equipment Connections and Nozzle AnalysisModularization of Pipe Racks & Operator PlatformsMix Refrigerant Inlet Scrubber & Compressor Piping Design and Nozzle AnalysisLean-Rich Amine Reboiler Exchanger & Pump Piping SystemCold Box Piping Analysis
PDH (Propane Dehydrogenation)
Enterprise Products Partner L.P. – Texas PDH Plant
Brighton’s involvement in Enterprise’s Texas PDH Plant includes the design consultation and stress engineering of piping and equipment in the low temperature recovery and propylene refrigerant system. A list of the specific work provided is listed below.
- Low Temperature Piping Layout and Engineering
- Cold Box Piping Analysis
- Cryogenic Equipment Connections and Nozzle Analysis
- Cryogenic Pipe Support Design Review & consultation
Cenovus – Foster Creek & Christina Lake Commercial Plants
The team at Brighton has been assisting in the development of the Cenovus’ Foster Creek and Christina Lake SAGD project since 2002. We were involved in the implementation and optimization of a new 3-swivel head design for SAGD wellheads, allowing for greater piping flexibility which compensates for both thermal expansion and growth of wellheads during production. Examples of our engineering services provided include:
- Foster Creek Optimization – Phase 1A-E
- Foster Creek Phase G Expansion
- Wellhead Piping Studies
- Field Inspections/Studies
- Flex Connections (Removal)
- Steam and Water Hammer Studies
- Skim Tank Relocation
- De-Oiling Water Treatment
- PIMs (Project Initiation Memorandums)
Harvest Operations – BlackGold Project
- With both the confidence and expertise to support domestic and international authentication services, Brighton was the key firm in authenticating all the pipes for Harvest’s 10,000 barrels per day SAGD facility.
Japan Canadian Oil Sands (JACOS) – Hangingstone SAGD Plant
- For this project, we were consulted to provide engineering and design services on several API 650 storage tanks that had experienced excessive settlement.